Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pac-10 Picks

Well here are my preliminary rankings of the Pac-10 teams. I'm sure it will change multiple times between now and the season opener, as it's already changed multiple times between my initial ranking and posting it. Teams 4-7 could finish in any order and the same goes for teams 8-10. But here goes nothing:

1. USC
2. Arizona St
3. Oregon
4. Arizona
5. California
6. Oregon State
7. UCLA
8. Washington
9. Stanford
10. Washington St

I'll break down why I have them picked in this order later and will also include my Top Pac-10 Games of the Year. I'll also probably be re-arranging the order :P

3 comments:

Leffie said...

What makes you think that AU would finish as high as 4th? Admittedly I haven't followed their team very closely, but I have seen their head coach jumping up and down on the sideline like a monkey and whining like a baby ... ergo ... can't finish that high.

Anonymous said...

Their schedule is fairly easy this season and with a high powered offense (yet no defense) they will probably win more games than they should. After dealving into the schedule a little more, I think my updated (but not yet posted) rankings of the Pac teams have them at five behind Cal.

Anonymous said...

I just posted an updated prediction of the pac-10 standings. In it Arizona is fifth, something that makes me feel a lot better about my predictions!